West Sussex, England
£40000 - £50000 per annum
5 months ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £40,000- £50,000pa
A leading design & manufacturing organisation with a cutting-edge product range, servicing the surveillance and defence industries with products that aid specific client requirements are seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
Key Responsibilities- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - West Sussex
- Innovative design skills in Electro-Mechanical mechanisms.
- Technical lead within a small, mixed discipline, project design team to produce quality design solutions in line with cost, time and quality requirements.
- Lead in the creation of designs in 3D CAD using SolidWorks software.
- Lead and work in collaboration with the team to perform classical engineering analysis on designs, including stress, fatigue & vibration using conventional analysis and computer simulation
- Produce detail engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing, perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
- Be responsible for leading and developing engineering reports to support new product designs, failure investigation and any other formal documentation to support customer requirements.
- Coordinate with wider engineering teams to integrate electronic, control and drive systems into equipment designs
- Provide support for the production, test and field engineering teams. Support the sales teams with bids and quotations
- Work with project managers and sales teams to provide time estimates for design activities and keep appraised of progress.
The Successful Applicant - Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - West Sussex
- Have a flair for innovation, new concept designs and a passion for mechanical engineering.
- Have experience in the design of complex mechanisms and structures for use in harsh environments - preferably in the defence industry.
- Have proven experience in the design of systems from original concept design, produced from a specification, through to production in a Lead role.
- The ability to analyse the loads on, and design solutions for, items such as gear drives bearings and motors
- Have an understanding of the application of machining, casting, fabrication and moulding techniques
- Have experience in the use of CAD system.
- Take the lead with responsibility for timely delivery of outputs within defined deadlines.
- Strong understanding (where required) of the technical work being carried out and related activities.
- Be experienced in managing the day-to-day activities of a small project design team, controlling workload, design output.
- Have experience and knowledge of coaching in support of talent development within the team.
- Must have previous experience in a similar level position in a 'Senior' level role, preferably in a small or medium-sized company and/or relevant business model.
If you are interested in the position above please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'