£45000 - £52000 per annum + pension, cash health plan
6 months ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £52,000
Based in Denham, Uxbridge - Hybrid wokring available
An exciting opportunity to join a high precision engineering company, highly reputable within the aerospace industry. This organisation is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work within the Mechanical Engineering department.
In this role you will be responsible for generating design concepts in line with regulatory and customer requirements and engineering specifications, and designing complex mechanical systems used within the aerospace arena.
- Supporting the Integrated Project Team in defining all necessary engineering work required to gain final acceptance on new and existing Martin-Baker products.
- Supporting the Team Lead in reading, understanding and translating customer performance-based specifications, related documents, EU directives, associated standards and other legislative requirements into engineering specifications.
- Supporting the Team Lead/Senior Design Engineer in conducting trade studies into potential engineering solutions to determine the best, most commercially sound solution within the given parameters whilst optimising manufacturability using 3D CAD.
- Carrying out all necessary performance and structural calculations via hand calculations and other software tools such as spreadsheets and finite element analysis etc. to support design development.
- Producing top level design layouts from which detailed parts may be developed.
- Producing and maintaining engineering PDI in accordance with engineering procedures.
- Consulting extensively with associates and others, with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretation and advice.
- Several years design engineering experience, ideally within Aerospace or Defence
- Use of NX and/or CAD software
- Leading a project from start to finish and/or leading a team.
- Experience of full design process, ideally gained from designing machines or test equipment which involved gaining CE certification.
- Good knowledge of materials and process used in the aerospace sector or equivalent
- Product lifecycle/configuration management software
To apply, click 'APPLY NOW' and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch, should you have suitable experience.