£45000 - £52000 per annum
9 months ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £52,000
Based in Denham, Uxbridge
An exciting opportunity to join a high precision engineering company, most recognised for being a global manufacturer of aircraft ejection seats and related equipment. This organisation is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work within the Mechanical Engineering department.
In this role you will be responsible for generating design concepts in line with regulatory and customer requirements and engineering specifications, including associated international and military standards. It also requires the production of commercially viable product definition information (PDI) including 3D models, detail, and assembly engineering drawing
- Supporting the Integrated Project Team in defining all necessary engineering work required to gain final acceptance on new and existing Martin-Baker products.
- Supporting the Team Lead in reading, understanding and translating customer performance-based specifications, related documents, EU directives, associated standards and other legislative requirements into engineering specifications.
- Supporting the Team Lead/Senior Design Engineer in conducting trade studies into potential engineering solutions to determine the best, most commercially sound solution within the given parameters whilst optimising manufacturability using 3D CAD.
- Carrying out all necessary performance and structural calculations via hand calculations and other software tools such as spreadsheets and finite element analysis etc. to support design development.
- Producing top level design layouts from which detailed parts may be developed.
- Calling and chairing design reviews as required.
- To undertake business travel abroad or within the UK as and when required.
- Producing and maintaining engineering PDI in accordance with engineering procedures.
- Consulting extensively with associates and others, with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretation and advice.
- Developing and maintaining cost and mass models for products.
- Producing and presenting design review presentations to internal and external customer
- Produce a variety of detailed reports including e.g. CE marking technical files, load and stress reports.
- Checking engineering drawings for functionality and correctness and ensuring drawing complies with Engineering Drawing Best Practice.
- Produce quality 3D models, suitable for downstream consumption by CAM and CMM (Inspection) software.
- Generating a variety of engineering documents including reports, e.g. Mass Reports, Costed BOMs, DFMEAs etc.
- Experience of full design process, ideally gained from designing machines or test equipment which involved gaining CE certification.
- Managing design projects under tight time and quality constraints.
- Experience in areas such as geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, layout of engineering drawings in relation to US/UK standards.
- Good understanding of modern manufacturing methods and processes.
- Good knowledge of materials and process used in the aerospace sector or equivalent
- Creation and delivery of presentation work.
- Product costings and analyses
- An extensive expertise in design software including 3D CAD modelling
- Generate competent Technical Evaluations, Design Trade Studies & Investigations
- Knowledge of finite element techniques using software
- Product lifecycle/configuration management software
To apply, click 'APPLY NOW' and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch, should you have suitable experience.