£55000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Package inc Shares
12 months ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Electronics Enclosure
+ Packaged Electronic Components
+ £52,000 to £65,000 per year salary
+ Bonus, stock options, 9% Pension, dental, health
+ Northampton based and relocation assistance available
Join a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. The clients optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for:
Full mechanical design of high speed opto electronics devices within the Transmission BU R&D department. This team designs and manufactures optical transmitters and receivers, for use in optical communication systems.
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION:
Will join an R&D Physical design team and will be responsible for the development of new packaged optoelectronic components for optical transmission systems. You will be responsible for the full mechanical design of the product whilst developing a strong working relationship with the rest of the Physical Design Team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- 'Hands on' mechanical and electrical design of mechanical packaging for transmitters / receivers, possibly PCBA design
- Task planning and prioritization in conjunction with project leaders
- CAD documentation & change management for new products
- Thermal modelling, stress analysis, documentation of designs using Solidworks and Mentor Graphics plus selection of other cad and PDM tools
- Maintenance of legacy CAD designs and all documentation
- Mechanical design of jigs & fixtures required to support build, test and product qualification
- Generation of build to print documentation sets to enable design transfer to remote locations
- Support to supplier engagement, piece part procurement, build and verification
Degree qualified in mechanical engineering or equivalent technical discipline
Good practical skills with proven track record of working in a multi-disciplined team
Experience in mechanical design using specified tools
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Demonstrated strong mechanical design skills
- Strong experience of creating engineering drawings and associated documents for manufacture.
- Expert user of 3D CAD packages (Preferably SolidWorks)
- Thermal modelling, stress analysis
- Demonstrate strong documentation control and revision management.
- Has a close working relationship with chip, optical and RF engineers and technical leads to ensure that products meet design intent
- Optical components, design and performance
- Manufacturing processes for optoelectronic devices
- Material Science / Materials behaviours
- Design for manufacture
For more information apply now