£34000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent
almost 2 years ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Would you like to work for a highly recognised state of the art Aerospace and defence organisation performing mechanical design for a new Tempest programme?
Responsibilities - Senior Mechanical Engineer
* Perform 'hands on' mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software.
* Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
* Support visits and meetings at other Leonardo sites, suppliers or test facilities when required.
* Supportive mentor - provide technical guidance/recommendations to problems/ projects and individuals.
* Effective decision maker who can effectively demonstrate empowerment and delegation.
* Cost and schedule conscious.
* Tenacious - maintains focus on the 'end goal'.
* Provide technical direction on critical business programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence.
* Have a good understanding of mechanical design lifecycle.
* Demonstrate experience with ferrous/ Non-ferrous and composite materials.
* Formulate prototype designs and produce physical representations.
* Liaise with other engineering functions (systems, electrical, quality) and production colleagues to ensure product & customer requirements are fully satisfied.
Skills, Qualifications - Senior Mechanical Engineer
Technical or science degree qualified, or equivalent, with experience
* Problem solving and simultaneous engineering - structured, logical approach to investigate issues and solve problems in an effective cross-functional manner
* Mechanical engineering detailed design - first-hand experience of engineering design, tolerance studies and generation of technical documentation and data packs to industry standards including BS8888
* Expert user of MCAD tools. Preferably Creo, however experience with other packages will be considered
* Customer orientation - demonstrate ability of fulfilling customer requirements (internal and external)
Click "apply now" to find out more.