£31500 - £46500 per annum + Excellent
almost 2 years ago
Would you like to work for one of the world's leading aerospace and defence orgnisations to support the design and development of our world leading radar and electro-optic products under the guidance of experienced Senior Engineers and Mechanical Team Leads.
You will be utilising state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools to explore all aspects of the development lifecycle, including stress and thermal analysis, requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, build and product support. You will interface with customers (internal and external) on many factors within the design and liaise closely with Engineers from other disciplines, particularly Systems and Electronics.
The successful candidate will perform mechanical engineering design in a professional manner and typically include:
Perform 'hands on' mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software, including 'first-pass' structural analysis to determine if a design is fit for purpose.
Adhere to standards for mechanical engineering best practice.
Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions.
Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
Develop and coach engineers in terms of technical knowledge and soft skills.
Seek and share good practice and knowledge locally to continuously improve own practices.
Working to timescales.
Work as a contributory engineering team member.
Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD tools.
Provide technical direction/support on critical business programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence.
Provide key support to critical technical problem investigations and deliver effective solutions.
Support and facilitate reviews and sign off release of mechanical designs in accordance with business and industry standards.
Champion improvements in product manufacturability through effective relationship building and design guidance.
Build effective cross functional relationships within local site, across business and internationally within group and suppliers.
Continue professional development throughout your career by formal training, learning "on the job" and keeping up to date with the latest developments which may aid performance.
Skills and qualifications
Ideally you will hold a minimum of an upper second class Masters Honours degree in a relevant discipline or have equivalent job related experience.
* Engineering design and development - process of delivering products and associated key milestones.
* Problem solving and simultaneous engineering - structured, logical approach to investigate issues and problems in an effective cross-functional manner.
* Mechanical engineering detailed design - first-hand experience of engineering design, numerical calculations, tolerance studies, etc.
* Customer orientation - demonstrate ability of fulfilling customer requirements (internal and/or external).
* Business awareness - understanding of fundamental business principles, drivers and key customers.
* Self -motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
* Good communications skills (written & oral) are essential.
* The ability to develop good working relationships with stakeholders.
* Results orientated.
* Confident in their subject and decisive with ideas and recommendations.
* Respectful of others with a high degree of personal integrity.
* Effective listener - understand others points of view.
* Challenge ideas, proposed solutions and people in a constructive, positive manner.