£48 - £52 per day
6 months ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Design, Product Development; 3D CAD; BS8888; Electro-Optical; RF Systems
Defence; Aerospace; Military; MOD
£52ph (Inside IR35)
- 6 months min
The Mechanical Engineer will join our world class Mechanical Engineering Team which provides leading-edge solutions into the global defence sector. The extensive product range includes electro-optic targeting, surveillance and Laser-based systems. Each of these products is based upon sophisticated and complex design solutions developed by our Team and manufactured in our facility in Essex.
Candidates should be experienced in all aspects of the Mechanical Engineering lifecycle; they will be responsible for requirements capture, concept and detail design, as well as the transition into manufacture, verification and qualification.
The Mechanical Engineer will be involved in the research, design, development and manufacture phases of the product lifecycle. They will work within a multidisciplinary project team where they will collaborate closely with other domain experts. In addition, they will:
· Provide technical input into programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence.
· Actively engage with Procurement and Manufacturing during the introduction of new products into the Development/Production lifecycle phase.
· Provide key technical support to investigations and deliver effective solutions.
· Be responsible for the quality of project deliverables output by supporting Mechanical Team members.
· Successfully deliver Mechanical Work packages, ensuring that Cost, Schedule and Quality are met.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Mechanical Engineering design for Electro-Optical and/or RF systems.
· Designing for harsh environments (Land, Sea and Air), including EMC.
· Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD tools (ideally PTC Creo).
· Problem solving using a structured, logical approach to investigate issues and problems in an effective cross-functional manner.
· Design for Manufacture, in particular Additive Layer Manufacturing
· Mechanical Engineering detailed design - extensive experience of engineering design, numerical calculations, tolerance studies, and the validation of.
· Application of BS8888, GD&T and DFMA.
· Design to Unit Production Cost.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates