Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£35000 - £55000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Up to £55,000 pa
A global engineering consultancy specialist in the transport, energy and resource sector is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer
You will be supporting the design, development and integration of leading-edge technologies into vehicle systems for:
- Battery and Battery management systems using prismatic, pouch and cylindrical technologies
- Electric motors
- Power electronic modules (Power Supply Units, Inverters, DC-DC Converters)
- Electronic control units for harsh environments covering passenger car, truck, marine or aerospace applications.
You will need to work effectively with other engineering disciplines to develop system level solutions and to implement designs that satisfy component, system and product requirements.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science related discipline
- Proven experience of developing electronic components and assemblies within automotive or similar
- Experience in the automotive industry is preferred
- Use of 3D CAD systems, ideally Catia V5, Creo, NX systems
- Conversant with Windchill PLM system or similar systems
- Experience in volume manufacturing techniques such as sand and die casting for aluminium and iron castings, extrusions, plastic injection moulding, sheet metal fabrication, metal joining (welding/riveting/bonding), PCB manufacture and wire harness assembly
- Experience in prototype manufacturing techniques such as rapid prototyping and CNC machining
- Knowledge of designing for high current and high voltage (12 to 1200Vdc) power systems, (connectors, bus bars, cables, contactors & fusing), electronic PCB outline and packaging, wiring harness routing
- Knowledge of electrical motor static / rotating component design
- Experience in DFMEA writing and assessment
- Experience in the preparation of design concepts and inputs to proposals and presentation to customers.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.