over 1 year ago
Senior Network Engineer
DV Cleared or SC Cleared
Salisbury - 6-month contract
DV Clearance/ CCNP/ Cisco networking environment/ Configure/ Troubleshoot/ Cisco Prime/ NetFlow.
Please note: It's an operational role, no design work involved, but there could be the odd involvement in certain projects, depending on work load.
- Configuration of Network Layer 2/3 devices on all networks.
- Understanding of Unified Communication and VoIP technologies
- Produce reports for Management as requested incl. Bandwidth performance, Base lining, capacity management and Incident Management.
- Responsible for ensuring the Major Incident Management Process is followed for network outages.
- Provide 2nd line support to the Service Desk for network fault progression (Major faults and performance issues).
- Monitor LAN/WAN - Service availability and efficiency.
- Maintain monitoring platforms - maintain security patches and test to ensure reporting is correct.
- Respond to incidents and work orders raised on the Service Management tool.
- Produce and maintain network documentation.
- Understand and comply with team procedures.