City of London, London
about 2 years ago
Senior Operations and Maintenance Manager
Construction, Engineering and Energy Efficiency
The Senior Operations and Maintenance Manager will lead the operations and maintenance services for clients specific to Energy Efficiency requirements and energy saving schemes.
Requirements of the role as follows:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding all statutory, contractual and commercial compliance, Environmental, Safety, Health and Engineering best practices.
- Identify, develop, plan, manage, supervise and evaluate electrical or mechanical operations, maintenance and repair policies, procedures and activities.
- Direct staff, contractors, subcontractors and engineers on entire maintenance aspect, including all local safety, health and environmental requirements.
- Supervise and control daily operation of facility, established working practices, work and asset management systems and Building and Energy Management systems.
- Merge customer engineering, maintenance standards, local policies and requirements into facility maintenance program and manage any configuration changes.
- Integrate with customers to regularly report status of services and planned maintenance, changes to operational procedures and coordinate operations and maintenance activities with customer's operational requirements whilst protecting the company's commercial position.
- Maintain highest standards of planned and emergency response services, including timely reporting of incidents/accidents and subsequent investigations
- Continuously review the required quality, standards and value of internal operations and maintenance activities, purchased equipment and subcontracted specialist services, driving down costs, improving value and minimizing risk where ever possible ensuring contractual and budget compliance.
- Analyse, approve and recommend approval of all change requests, orders, invoices and payment applications.
- Promote the company at every opportunity and expand services into other areas of the client's facilities or the clients other sites.
- Provide regular internal status/progress reports regarding all contractual aspects including progress against the maintenance plan, financial updates, and changes to risk, innovations and further opportunities.
- Support preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Support the bid teams establishing the required operations and maintenance activities for new contracts and existing contract renewals.
- Support the development, appointment and administration of new and renewing engineering maintenance subcontracts.
- Develop and train staff to ensure high skill levels and technical competence, ensuring compliance to local and company policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with senior team on employee development, planning initiatives, capital investments and operational budget adjustments.
- Have an excellent understanding of mechanical, electrical and controls systems, the hazards and risks associated with this plant and strategies for management.
- Be an effective communicator at all levels with both internal and external teams, with the ability to motivate and negotiate to achieve goals and targets.
- Be highly organised, an excellent planner and solutions orientated and a team player willing to get involved and lead by example.
- Possess excellent time management skills, effective leadership and people management skills and be self-motivated.
- Confident researching, understanding, analysing, preparing and presenting engineering, technical, commercial and financial information.
- Highly experienced using engineering IT systems including work and asset management, metering and building management systems.
- Highly proficient to advanced user of Microsoft Office based system, especially, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Minimum 2:1 engineering degree preferably in chemical, mechanical or electrical.
- Achieved Chartered Engineer status (Ideally)
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in operations and maintenance function particular covering energy centres and associated utilities.
- Commercially aware with experience of negotiating with equipment suppliers and installation contractors.