Senior Project Assurance Engineer
Would you like to work supporting new project development in a number of
Military Airborne applications sector within the Precision Guidance Business, ensuring quality is driven in at the front end of the design and maintained through the product Lifecycle?
Working initially within the Precision Guidance Business Area, providing an independent assurance
to Business Sector Senior Management that projects are executed in accordance with defined
process and that agreed customer quality requirements are realised in line with planned customer
expectations. To provide specialist Project Assurance support to Customers, Project Managers and
the Supply Chain, while ensuring delivery of agreed quality requirements throughout the project
Key Responsibility Areas
* Effective capture and implementation of Customer-specific Quality Requirements (Incl: Def. Stans
* Ensuring that requirements are articulated in Management Plans, Engineering Specifications and
* The Quality Management of the project's international Supply Chain, via effective flow-down of
quality requirements, Surveillance Audits and First Article Verification Activities,
* Monitoring the effectiveness of project realisation activities, and reporting status to Senior
Management and QA (e.g. witness testing, review and approval of engineering documents and
* Management of Project quality issues (e.g. C of Cs, Advice Notes, Concessions),
* Act as the primarily focal point of contact, on all customer project quality issues. (incl. Complaint
Management), and the Supply Chain.
* In consultation with the PM / Subcontract Management ensure the Quality of Deliverables from
* Conduct Data Analysis (MRB / FRB) and report preparation activities on behalf of the Project
Assurance Manager and Project Managers.
* Support the Project Assurance Manager in managing the AS9100D Management System
Requirements and conducting Internal Audit against a Program that ensures activities are conducted
in accordance with the defined management system,
* Bid support and the planning of Project Assurance effort for budgeting purposes
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Self-motivated individual who works on own initiative and is comfortable leading or being of a team
Several years practical experience working in a quality assurance / project assurance discipline
within an electronic design and manufacture environment preferably in Defence Industry.
Extensive knowledge of the requirements of AS9100 / ISO 9001 (and equivalent standards e.g.
AQAP, Def Stans etc). Have the ability to obtain SC level of security clearance. Management of
complex, demanding international Supply Chain.
At least 4 years' experience of quality auditing, including within the Supply Chain environment.