CDI - 1174261_1648730509
£65000 - £66000 per annum + £6k car allowance and 10% bonus
8 months ago
Job tile: Senior Project Manager
Salary: £65k plus 10% bonus and £6k car allowance (10% DV bonus also available)
Security clearance for at DV level is required for this role
I am recruiting a Senior Project Manager for a client of mine who are an IT systems integrator operating within the UK defence sector. In this exciting role you are responsible for managing complex IT Infrastructure Projects within my clients Defence and National Security Business Unit.
With your rich experience in managing projects - preferably within the Defence & National Security sector you know how to stand your ground dealing with complex environments and challenging stakeholders. You will ensure that your financial management is in order, your scope management is adequate and all stakeholders as well as project related risks are also managed effectively by you.
You will have solid experience of delivering Transition and Transformation projects.
- Defining project requirements,
- Managed the agreement process of the project requirements and objectives with the Project Board or appointed project assurance role.
- Managed the delivery of projects in partnership with the customer and business line to ensure acceptance, closedown and handover to service
- Operated within defined working practices, ensuring compliance with local project management policy, procedure and methodology where this is in place
- Gathered status reports of team members across their project and address issues as appropriate
- Established reporting project Key Performance Indicators to the Project Board through Highlight Reports and stage assessments
- Managed business and project risks and produces an effective plan and risk assessment so that timescales and project costs are understood and underwritten by all by the parties
- Ensured that formal review procedures are used
- Managed risks associated with the deliverables of the project
- Integrated financial data for multiple projects
- Ensured that the impact on the Business Line Profit & Loss due to project activities within the scope of the project is clearly visible and that all contingency usage is signed-off by the appropriate governance authority e.g. Project Board
- Accountable for tracking the project costs and supporting Business Units in meeting payment milestones
- Ensured that the milestone achievements are signed by the customer and relevant invoices are raised
- The role will ensure that all development teams are conforming to the Engineering Process (following a Scaled Agile Framework), identifying and implementing improvements to this process through CSI and ensuring testing is performed as per the process.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply please feel free to reply to this e-mail or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829