£30000 - £70000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Senior Project Manager/Applications Manager
Basingstoke, but based in remotely initially
A client of ours are looking for a permanent Applications Manager or Senior Project Manager with documented experience in application integration with both functional and batch test execution experience.
You must be an IT professional who has a proven track record in managing software base-lines and 3rd party integrations. Supporting specialist applications to improve business operations, and then to plan and execute the release, integration and testing following an AGILE methodology. For this role the candidate will need to have experience of team management of resources approx.
- The role will require you to manage the structure and unstructured flow of 3rd party releases, be aware of the latest fixes and scheduling engineering patch set releases. You will be expected to recommend ways that software can be applied, to make the business more efficient and successful - roadmap and tooling development.
- Responsible for implementing and upgrading system hardware and software and to control and then carefully monitor the deployment process to catch any snags
- Report and tracking of application Defects, to manage their remediation into planned tests phases to ensure platform stability.
- Working in a very rewarding yet challenging environment, the role will require out of core hours and weekend working
- You will be directly report into the Programme Manager and hence must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deliver the work stream against the agreed Time and Quality commitments.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of processes
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key customers, user personnel and key third party suppliers.
- Coordinate utilization of shared resources
- Production of Work package Definitions for all work within the Team work stream
- Production of Baseline Estimates of Effort for all work packages
- Manage/own production and maintenance of the team schedule, including project key milestones and inter-dependencies across the individual work-streams
- Manage implementation incidents to a successful conclusion
- Acts as escalation point and generate reports to the Programme Manager
- Resolve issues as a priority that prevent a significant milestone completion
- Attend scheduled customer reviews
- Manage the preparation of regular internal and external reports to the key Stakeholders.
- Manage the Risks team RAID
- Engage with the formal Change Requests across the Project activities
- Ensure Lessons Learned reviews are conducted at key milestone events and the findings incorporated into outstanding delivery activities.
- You will have a track record of technical delivery
- You will be to show evidence of strong stakeholder management
- You will have experience of waterfall and Agile project delivery
- You will have experience of managing technical teams
- You will have experience of delivering projects into the Public Sector
If you have any questions please contact myself via firstname.lastname@example.org