£40000 - £50000 per annum
7 months ago
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Located in Hertfordshire
A market leading consultancy that operates in the Military and Commercial sectors have expanded as a company and are now looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer. You will be an integral part of the Quality team as your role will be to maintain the Quality Systems and look to improve the Quality Assurance.
Role - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - Hertfordshire
The role focuses on two accountabilities Quality Assurance and Product Assurance:
Quality Assurance responsibilities:
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the Company
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a practical quality plan to retain the Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with ISO90001:2015 and any future developments.
- To ensure compliance with national and international QA standards and legislation and to liaise with external assessment/standards bodies associated with external accreditation processes including the implementation of any corrective actions
- To formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the QA
- Setting QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved
- Setting up and maintaining controls, documentation library and documentation procedures
- To monitor QA performance by gathering of relevant data, including Risk Management and producing appropriate reports with recommendations for improvement where required
- To deliver Quality related training to staff, including induction training, and to maintain and develop strong working relationships with other departments
- To participate at project level in technical project reviews to ensure assurance aspects are built into the design
- To maintain the QA auditing process
- To manage the non-conformance system
Product Assurance responsibilities:
- To ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded through effective product assurance planning as relevant to the space sector
- To provide prompt identification and prioritisation of non-conformances in a product or service, ensuring corrective action at project and management level
- Support the definition of assurance related requirements in respect to PA, QA, dependability and safety.
- Develop associated PA plans
- Perform associated reliability analysis
- Perform FMECA analysis
- Perform safety audits as appropriate.
Key Skills/Experience - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - Hertfordshire
- At least 2:1 University degree or equivalent
- Experience in maintaining Quality Systems and the associated requirements
- Experience in developing both Quality Assurance and Product Assurance Plans which cover the complete (system) lifecycle
- Experience of delivering compliance to ISO9001:2015 and the associated internal and external audits (including experience of conducting successful product assurance audits on suppliers)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with experience of investigating causes of quality assurance problems and proposing solutions
- Familiarity in maintaining configuration management baselines
- Experience in using product assurance metrics, product quality tools and methodologies
- Outstanding communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Experience of conducting reliability and FMECA analysis
If you are interested in this role, please 'APPLY NOW'