Senior Satellite Communications Systems Engineer
Based in Hertfordshire
£50,000 - £65,000 + Company benefits
A market leading consultancy operating in the Military and Commercial Communications sector are seeking a Systems Engineer with expertise in Satellite Communication Systems
Role - Senior Satellite Communications Systems Engineer - Hertfordshire
- Develop, manage and maintain satellite system requirements
- Carry out requirement decomposition, modelling and trade-off analysis to establish requirements for satellites networks based on end user needs
- Develop system and service architectures for next generation satellite networks, including model-based systems engineering
- Use industry best practice frameworks to guide service operations and integration within the wider enterprise
- Develop and maintain link budgets using basic and more advanced model-based techniques
- Undertake top-level capacity design and performance analysis of satellite communications networks and related communications services
- Contribute to the high-level system design of satellite network constellations including GEO, MEO and LEO satellites
- Simulation of satellite communications networks in support of the above
- Ensure network design adherence to appropriate standards and ITU regulations
Experience/Skill - Senior Satellite Communications Systems Engineer - Hertfordshire
- UK national (due to potential sensitivity of work to be undertaken)
- Security Cleared
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
- >10 years of experience of Systems Engineering of satellite communications networks
- Ability to establish network capacity and high-level architectural network requirements based on user needs
- Simulation and modelling of satellite networks in support of the above (including both space and ground parts of the network)
- Good understanding and experience of satellite communications network system design for LEO. MEO and GEO systems
- Experience of applying structured Systems Engineering approach to complex Satellite Systems programmes, including full understanding of through-life Assurance and Acceptance activities.
- Knowledge of the resource planning and delivery of communications services over satellite networks.
- Knowledge of the operating framework used by satellite communications / telecoms operators for service delivery (e.g. eTOM).
- Experience in design and assessing software, firmware and hardware solutions within an overall system design.
- Experience and knowledge of security architecture design principles and their application to system design.
If you are interested in this role, please "APPLY NOW"