West Sussex, England
£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Senior Scientist - Materials Process Development
£35,000 - £45,000
A world-renowned company in the Renewable energy sector are looking for a Senior Scientist. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that manufactures world-class technology and be involved in a range of complex advanced engineering projects.
This position requires someone with a strong technical and materials processing development background who want to be challenged.
The Role - Senior Scientist - Materials Process Development - West Sussex
- Provide strong scientific / technical expertise in the development of SOC technologies from concept to product launch.
- Delivering improved materials processes required to meet project technical objectives within agreed timescales.
- Completing background research into innovative materials and processing routes and creating strategies for development.
- Creating, implementing and supporting strategies to characterise the performance and stability of the materials features
- Presenting technical progress and timing against delivery targets to the technical management and program management office.
- Transferring of process developments into the cell and stack manufacturing team.
- Support processes for the development and manufacture of components used in SOC Technologies, and be a trouble-shooter providing solutions to technical challenges faced in projects.
- Support resolution of issues (technical, scientific, analytical, IP, etc) that affect, or have the potential to affect, the development of SOC Technologies, component manufacturing processes, meeting "life" and "cost" targets for product development.
- Identify and analyse design problems to achieve optimal solutions that satisfy cost and technical requirements using both internal and external technical resources. Formulate new, innovative approaches to solve technical problems on a consistent basis.
- Recognise and disseminate information about emerging trends (scientific, technical, IP, etc) that impact Ceres Power's ability to deliver its customer projects or win business in both short and long terms.
- Support definition of new and existing materials engineering design requirements and develop specifications in accordance with manufacturing, marketing, and customer expectations and requirements.
Knowledge/Skills/Experience - Senior Scientist - Materials Process Development - West Sussex
- Degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Scientific knowledge/understanding of some of the following: ceramics materials and processing, solution chemistry, organometallic chemistry, sol-gels and colloids
- Experience with solution chemistry and characterization is a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing processes: screen printing, ink formulation and manufacturing processes, other thin film deposition processes, ceramic sintering.
- Experience with rheology measurements and other ink and thin film characterisation tools
- Experience with some of the following materials characterisation techniques: SEM with EDS/WDX, XRD, PSD, STA/DTA, BET, dilatometry, FIB-SEM, XRF, ACIS/EIS, rheology, electrochemical testing, indentation and mechanical properties testing, 3D tomography, SIMS, ICP-MS.
- Working knowledge of metallurgy, electro-ceramics, ceramic sintering, electrochemistry
- candidate needs to demonstrate entrepreneurial and can-do attitude to meet the goals of a fast-paced technology development environment.
If you interested in this role and fit the skill set, then please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'