£55000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Package
about 1 year ago
Senior SOC Analyst
Essex Based with flex. to work from home
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SOC Analyst to work with a global organisation working within a virtual Security Operations Centre. Reporting to the Lead SOC Analyst, you will respond to and investigate security alerts, ensure IOCs are maintained, liaise with internal resolver groups and external customers in support of security investigations and contribute to the development of processes and procedures.
Within the role you will act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of various SOC tools, be proficient with the NIST four step incident response model (e.g. preparation, detection/analysis, containment/eradication and recovery) and assist in the creation of metrics that inform the senior leadership team of security events and incidents.
Working within a growing team across the core IT functions you will have a strong pedigree in incident response experience and SOC work as well as deputising for the Lead Analyst when needed. You will help to mature the SOC function utilising your experiences along with assessing gaps in process and technology and then lead these improvements.
We are looking for a background in:
- Demonstrable passion for the subject with a desire for personal professional development.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Centre, ideally with prior experience at a senior analyst level
- Professional intrusion detection/analysis certification (e.g. GIAC GCFA, GCIA, Crest CRIA, CCHIA).
- Demonstrable experience in the use of SIEM, endpoint analysis, and network analysis tools.
- Knowledge of the diamond intrusion analysis model, MITRE ATT&CK framework and NIST 800-61.
In return you will work for a true global company who have made their name within the Engineering and Consultancy field who are well known for continuing to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances. They offer the flexibility of office / working from home along with an early finish on a Friday, just one of the reasons they have maintained a strong and dedicated work force whilst winning a number of "Employer Engagement" awards. For more details apply now