Horsham, West Sussex
£25.00 - £63.00 per hour
4 months ago
Senior Software Engineer
Based in West Sussex
Contract work flexible on rate (Inside IR35) 6-12 MONTHS
An established designer and manufacturing company that operates mainly in the defence sector is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer on a contract basis. You will be joining their software team and be developing their software application and components for windows and embedded applications. The project will have different time constraints so your job will be ensuring the applications are tested and work currently within that time frame
The Role - Senior Software Engineer - West Sussex
In this role you will be leading the software engineering activities through the whole lifecycle and understanding the customer technical needs so you can implement this in the software applications.
Responsibilities (Not limited):
- Lead the development of software application from concept design, requirements and coding
- Design, code and test complex programs and program modifications
- Conduct fault management on the software you development and conduct fault reporting and health status of the applications
- Produce documentation such as manuals, fault code lists, interface control.
- Participate in technical software reviews meeting and look at ways of improvement.
- Manage and maintain all the software requirements ensure you resolves any issues that occur
Experience/Skills - Senior Software Engineer - West Sussex
- Degree qualified in computer engineering or similar
- 5 years+ working in similar role in a engineering industry (Preferably defence)
- 5 years + of writing C/C++ for embedded application and 16bit/32but microcontrollers
- Experience of writing windows-based engineering
- Good understanding of embedded hardware peripherals (UART(RS232, RS422), CAN. SPI, ADC,DAC)
- Working knowledge of development documenting interfaces
- Strong leadership skills
If you are interested in applying, please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'