£35000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent
9 months ago
Senior Software Engineer - Submarine Systems
We have a range of roles at different stages of the software lifecycle, where you will have the opportunity to work on one of a variety of our programmes and projects and help us to develop, integrate, manage and support the software required to deliver complex systems and combat sub-systems for in‑service and future submarines.
You will work within a team of other engineers and technical specialists to understand and influence the inputs, development and integration of software into our equipment and systems.
Responsibilities - Senior Software Engineer
- Supporting the development, integration and delivery of software solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to support project and business milestones, and ensuring that your work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligations.
- Ensuring that technical and performance requirements of the software elements of the combat systems and products are correctly identified, and working at the relevant point of the engineering lifecycle to ensure that these systems are designed, built, integrated and accepted into service
- Delivering your outputs to agreed time, cost and quality in order to support project and business milestones, and ensuring that your work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligation
Your background - Senior Software Engineer
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science)
- Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good software management practices to your work
- Recognition of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
Click "Apply Now" to find out more!