£57000 - £73000 per annum
3 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer
Up to £73,000 basic salary
Must be SC cleared or eligible (sole British nationals only)
Remote working, occasional travel to Farnborough
A global leader in scientific, engineering, system integration and technical services are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join use their system engineering background and work with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Engineering activities across the full lifecycle, with specific focus on Model Based Systems Engineering.
The successful Systems Engineer will have a full understanding of the principles of systems engineering, will have prior experience as a Systems Engineer on a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts and applying these concepts to software-intensive & cloud hosted systems
- Responsible for the delivery of high-level designs, specifications, requirements traceability and working with all engineering disciplines in both definition and delivery of system wide changes.
- Responsible for managing and employing SE standard methods, MBSE models and artefacts, SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Interfacing with domain architects to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve SE issues.
- Technical management and execution of engineering activities, requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
- Defining processes and solutions for technical platforms, system specifications, system designs, input/output and working parameters for infrastructure and/or software compatibility
- Developing and maintaining systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models through use of traditional and MBSE tools
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field i.e. HNC/ONC/NVQ, or engineering apprenticeship.
- Thorough grounding in the production of engineering drawings to relevant specifications.
- Good understanding and strong experience in the application of GD&T.
- Experience in machined components and tolerance analysis.
- Knowledge and application of mechanical aerospace engineering is ideal.
- Experience in modern manufacturing methods and processes.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.