West Sussex, England
£40000 - £50000 per annum
8 months ago
Senior/Principle Test Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000
Based in West Sussex
A global leading organisation specialising in the renewable energy sector is looking for a Senior Test Engineer on a permanent basis to join their expanding Test and Development team.
As the Senior Test Engineer you will be responsible for directly supporting the development of fuel cell technology through the implementation of test plans for verification, validation and development testing.
Key responsibilities - Senior Test Engineer - West Sussex
- Produce auditable data in line with the organisations' quality processes
- Modify test equipment in conjunction with the test capability team as and when necessary
- Ensure tests are conducted rigorously and safely to schedule by working closely with other teams
- Provide guidance and leadership for other test engineers and support the test operations team lead with test scheduling and planning
- Execute test plans and prepare test stands and platforms for testing
- Installation of test pieces on test stands
- Review and analyse test data
- Produce test reports and present findings and recommendations
- Provide accurate timely updates to test management
- Lead fault finding, issue investigation and improvement projects
- Create work instructions, standard operating procedures and risk assessments
- Support the Test Capability team with the design and development of test stands
- Support the Test Strategy team with the development of test plans
- Provide technical leadership to less experienced members of the team
- Interface and communicate with internal and external customers and suppliers
Skills/Qualifications - Senior Test Engineer - West Sussex
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics Engineering/Physics or similar
- Substantial post graduate experience
- Be able to produce technical reports
- Be able to read Engineering drawings
- Experience in an Automotive/Aerospace/Defence industry or similar
- Experience in planning and carrying out tests
Pension, Life Assurance x4, 25 days' holiday + bank, 37.5 hour working week and excellent progression opportunities!
If you are interested in this exciting position with forward thinking company, please do not hesitate and "APPLY NOW".