Server Engineer (Contract)
Basingstoke based Server Engineer role
Competitive day rate
6 month contract, likely to extend
Must be DV Cleared to commence this role.
A FTSE 500 company. In the UK some of their services include; IT consulting services, technology products, managed services, cloud-based solutions, and systems integration.
* Technical Capability - Works within a team as an established systems/product specialist to support end users.
* Process - Follows established processes, releasing to the change control process verified, validated and documented enhancements to eliminate problems and proactively develop the service.
* Service Level - Recognises opportunities to improve performance against Service Level. Acts as a point of escalation to resolve service delivery issues. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Project Work - Works within a team or under guidance from the project manager with implementation of technical designs to meet service delivery requirements within own area of responsibility.
* Customer Relationship - Establishes relationships with customer's organization to deliver and enhance the service.
* Problem Solving - Takes ownership in obtaining the information, evidence and data required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems (both new and known), escalates or gains support where appropriate.
* Team Working - Trains and coaches members of the team to provide knowledge, assistance and advice. Works in a problem solving team to resolve service issues. Able to act as team manager if needed.
* Business Awareness - Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
* Professional Development - Maintains awareness of technical and service developments, taking the initiative to extend own knowledge to learn about products, technologies and techniques to deliver enhanced service.
Knowledge of Network and Server infrastructure, cabling and configuration of infrastructure within 42U racks.
- VMware Technologies
Core Windows 2012 Server Technology including in depth knowledge of at least 3:
- Understanding of GPO and Active Directory
- Active Directory
- User Account Management
- Analysis of Windows Log Files
- SharePoint 2013
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Cisco and general networking
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of networked environments (support, implementation or theory)
- Ability to perform known, existing implementation solutions, return to baseline configuration of routers and switches if and when required.