DOE, Pension, Benefits
about 2 months ago
Service Delivery Manager
Perm Full time
Will need to be eligible and willing to go ahead with a SC Clearance
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
As part of the Through Life Support (TLS) New Style of IT (Deployed) (NSOIT(D)) Programme we are seeking an experienced Service Delivery Manager to be co-located on site working directly with the customer. This role is heavily collaborative with the both the companies embedded staff and military personnel, you must be able to work within a team and have the autonomy to work independently when required. You will be working as part of a small delivery team to maintain a Management System supporting a broad and technically diverse product set in an extremely dynamic environment. You will be working both with the programme technical leads and the customer to produce/maintain and review relevant Knowledge Articles utilising several bespoke tools to ensure the integrity of the system is maintained. A robust review and authorisation process is followed to ensure that correct artefacts are produced, either as routine system management or because of a service outage. You will be included in several technical calls to assist and provide input as required.
- Developing and implementing Knowledge Management Processes, Procedures and Services, supporting the development of a multi-domain Knowledge Management System capable of supporting deployed users.
- Raising awareness of and educating the Authority's personnel about the Knowledge Management Processes and the importance of Knowledge Management.
- In accordance with the Defence Digital Service Management Framework, develop processes and procedures to support:
- Knowledge Transfer to the Authority as part of the Knowledge Transfer Service
- Knowledge Information Management to enable collaborative working and supporting the development of First Time Fix and workarounds for Incident, Problems and Defects.
- Management of Knowledge Articles, which may include creating, reviewing and retiring Knowledge Articles; where appropriate, managing and maintaining the Authority's Knowledgebase Repositories.
- Provide Knowledge Articles and Known Error Records related to the Services to the Authority's Knowledge Management System for any purpose as required by the Authority from time to time.
- Conduct regular audits of KBA's produced previously to ensure they are still current, need to be retired with a new KBA replacing it or update the current one with the correct process/procedure which is a contractual requirement.
- Contribute to Continual Service Improvement activities to ensure continued service availability to all users.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) especially when producing or reviewing KBA's. Attention to detail is key.
- ITIL v3 or v4.
- Reporting and the preparation of management information to inform localised Management and the wider team of progress. This will include a skills matrix of the engineers co-located on site identifying any upskilling/courses they have undertaken along with a skills matrix / training schedule for the military staff working onsite. Inserts into a Monthly Service Report recording all Knowledge Transfers undertaken within the reporting period.
- Working knowledge of Remedy.