£50000 - £60000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Service Design Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Clearance: Will be put through SC clearance
Remote working: 3 days on site
At Leonardo, we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Service Design Manager. Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK.
Leonardo are looking for an ITIL certified Service Design Manager to work in Land Logistics & Training Services (LLTS); designing the service models that will ultimately deliver the customer solutions to meet their requirements. This position includes responsibility for documenting and agreeing the service design and transition scope, strategy and framework. The role will report to and work closely with the LLTS Project Engineering Manager (PEM) to provide leadership across most aspects of the CADMID cycle with a major focus on solution design during bid phases and solution development and accreditation during a project's transition as it moves into a Business As Usual phase. As such, you will work closely and have direct contact with customers, suppliers and partners to ensure timely delivery of the bids and programmes.
What you will do
- Supporting the design and implementation of services, which includes Design Coordination, Service Level Management, Availability Management and Supplier Management, strategies, and policies to ensure business requirements and user needs are being met.
- Ensuring the consistent design of appropriate services, service management information systems, architectures, technology, processes, information and metrics to meet current and evolving business outcomes and requirements.
- Coordinate design activities across projects, changes, suppliers and support team.
- Ensure that appropriate service designs are produced.
- Ensure that all parties adopt a common framework of standard, reusable design practices in the form of activities, processes and supporting systems, whenever appropriate.
- Ensure all bidding governance is applied to underpin the engineering estimates and plans.
- You will be responsible for driving continual service improvement across all aspects of Service Design and supporting other lifecycle stages of Service Management.
- You will be responsible for maturing service design processes and clearly defining the interfaces (integration) between these processes and other processes outside of service design.
- Accountable for planning and designing tests that validate services have been built against design specification.
- Embed a service management culture within the wider team and lead all service design activities.
- You must be eligible for full security clearance. For more information and guidance please visit : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
You really must have:
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
- ITIL Service Management Qualification.
- Strong Service Management experience and skills.
- The ability to understand and articulate how an end-to-end user experience is supported and enabled by people, process, and technology.
- The ability to build professional relationships with colleagues and clients to increase your network and broaden your knowledge base within design.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Service Delivery as a whole.
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards (ITIL), including safety and environmental regulations.
- Ability to self-manage and establish strong stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
It would be nice if you had:
- Land systems platform knowledge.
- Training Services and Delivery knowledge
- Strong planning, organisation and documentation skills.
- Strong Supplier and Stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication, influencing and analytical skills
- A passion for leading and developing others.
- A positive and proactive mindset.
- Innate problem solving capabilities.
- Be able to operate with limited information.
- Comfortable working towards rapid deadlines
What you'll get
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
- Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Network groups : To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion we have network groups for
- Carers (employees caring for families or friends)
- Enable (supporting people with disabilities)
- Equalise (development of a gender balanced workforce)
- Pride (promoting equality for all LGBTQ+ individuals)
- We also work in partnership with AFBE (Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers).
- Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
- Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring
- Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Gold Award
- Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi days
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit: https://uk.leonardocompany.com/en/people-careers/life-at-leonardo/company-benefits