West Midlands, England
£28000 - £33000 per annum
4 days ago
Service Engineer - UK, Midlands
£28000 + Bonus (approx 4%)
Many other benefits e.g. Company car, private medical
Based in West Midlands
We are looking for a Service Engineer to contribute towards our Surgical Workplaces Service team.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference by effectively carrying out routine service, testing and repair on a range of our medical equipment.
You will maintain good customer relations by demonstrating a professional approach to work and you will collaborate with colleagues, to share, build together and meet our goals.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Cultivating a positive rapport with the customer, demonstrating first class interpersonal skills in a courteous and professional manner at all times.Carrying out mechanical servicing of equipment.
* Carrying out routine testing of our equipment to the relevant standards as stated in the terms and conditions of each client's contract.
* Carrying out electrical/mechanical fault finding of equipment.
* Carrying out calibration of equipment, where necessary.
* Maintaining adequate stock levels of spare parts.
* Producing quality documentation for submission to the customer.
* Maintaining regular communication with the internal Service Department.
* Ensuring that the company equipment is being used and looked after correctly and that it is kept in a safe condition reporting all faulty equipment or equipment out of calibration to the Service Territory Manager.
* Ensuring that correct returns and non-conformance report procedures are followed.
* Organising and prioritising a continuously changing workload, ensuring that all customers' calls and enquiries are replied to.
* Ensuring safe and tidy working including use of protective footwear, work wear and PPE where required for local site working rules.
* Problem solving, combining initiative with a practical and logical approach to all aspects of the position.
* Providing sales leads to Service/Sales Manager
* Provide out of hours stand by cover, on a rota basis, in order to accommodate the needs of our customers.
* Producing written reports, as and when required/requested.
* Submitting accurately completed expense claim forms, with supportive documentation, on time.
* Maintaining telephone contact with the office on a regular basis and with line manager.
* Assisting the team members as and when required/requested.
Who you are:
We are looking for passionate individuals, who are agile, resilient, take responsibility for their development and focus on achieving excellence. They never compromise on quality and always act responsibly remembering that our customers always come first. They enjoy collaboration and working in diverse and international teams, and embrace the future. If you love change, we can make sure that you stay that way!
Your experience includes:
- City & Guilds Levels 1 & 2 or an equivalent qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering.
* Experience as Field Service Engineer desirable, ideally within a medical industry.
* Good knowledge of computer hardware and software.
* Previous knowledge and experience of service/testing medical devices to the appropriate standards.
* Previous experience in a maintenance/service engineer environment, preferably within the medical industry.
* Demonstrable self-motivation
* Being flexible and able to adapt under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
* A genuine interest in people and be ability to deal with customers in a friendly manner.
To help meet our goals of becoming CO2 neutral by 2025, we travel only if we must. In this role, you will be required to travel up to 80% to visit customer sites and company offices as necessary.