South East London, London
£30000 - £37000 per annum
almost 3 years ago
Service Engineer - Medical Decontamination and Sterilisation
£30,000 - £37,000
Based at a hospital in the London area
A new, exciting role for a site-based Service Engineer is now available with a global leading manufacturer and provider of sterilisation and decontamination services in the UK.
Service Engineer - South East London - Medical Sterilisation
The successful Service and Repair Engineer will be based at a large NHS hospital in London, within the CSSD department (central sterile services department). As a Service Engineer you will be responsible for the break down repair, routine servicing and testing of medical equipment used to decontaminate medical instrumentation. These medical devices include autoclaves, washer/disinfectors and endoscope washers (AERs).
Experience/skills - Service Engineer - South East London - Medical Sterilisation
Ideally, experience in the service, test and repair of autoclaves and endoscope reprocessors (AERs) (also known as endoscope washers) would be beneficial. However, training is provided so those with engineering experience in a hospital-based environment (e.g. EBME Engineers, Medical Engineers, Clinical Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Estates and Facilities Engineers, Multi-skilled Eningeers, etc.) would also be considered.
- Service, repair and test experience of electrically-biased electro-mechanical equipment (essential)
- Hospital based engineering experience or experience working on autoclaves or endoscope washers (desirable)
- Strong customer service skills (essential)
- An interest in working within the medical field
- Proficient IT skills
Package/benefits - Service Engineer - South East London -Medical Sterilisation
- £30,000 - £37,000 per annum (depending on industry experience)
- Accelerated overtime rate (x1.5 Mon-Fri)
- Saturday rate - £28 p/h and Sunday's - £30 p/h (weekend working is not mandatory)
- Discretionary Bonus (on average 4%)
- 25 days' holiday + bank
- Private Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Sales lead reward scheme
- No weekend working or on-call!
- Excellent training and progression opportunities available
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application!