£27000 - £35000 per annum
8 months ago
up to £35,000 salary
A world leader within highly sophisticated, portable security systems is now offering the opportunity to join their growing team as a Service/Commissioning Engineer. This opportunity will provide the successful candidate with the chance to travel internationally working on complex and innovative equipment / machinery. Working for leading engineering company that offers a high retention rate the opportunity to progress long term is available for the right individual.
- Commissioning Cargo mobile systems in the Stoke facility and travel to site as required to commission Cargo Fixed systems.
- Installing PLC code and software programs, ensuring the systems are configured to match the FDS.
- Ensure correct PLC is installed and modified to match the FDS for the system.
- Test and prove all safety systems are operationa.
- Program all relevant sensors to enable the system to function as required.
- Install the correct version of software and prove that all functionality is available.
- Assist with the commissioning of external suppliers equipment and confirm integration into Cargo products.
- Establish safe exclusion zones for testing equipment.
- Work with QA to resolve any quality issues.
- Support the customer Factory Acceptance Test
- Support the customer Site Acceptance Tests.
- Work with suppliers to correct any defects found during commissioning.
- Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with IFM CodeSys platform and Allen Bradley RS Logix is preferred.
- The ability to work with others in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced product development environment
- Experience of design for manufacture, with a background in a production environment would be highly desirable.
- Energy, drive and a can do attitude are essential for this position
- The individual will be expected to travel extensively overseas to commission products on site and support customer SAT's.
The role is based 50% working from site in Stoke-on-Trent and 50% international travel.