£20000 - £25000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Service Technician / Driver
Based in Carlisle
A specialist manufacturer of medical profiling beds are seeking a Service Technician to join their expanding team in the Carlisle area.
As the Driver / Service Technician your role will be to deliver and collect products between the bed stores in hospitals to the Carlisle decontamination centre. You will also be required to decontaminate, function test, electrical safety test and repair products. Training will be provided.
You will be required to report to the service centre in Carlisle each day and from there either drive (a long wheel based van) to customer sites to collect/deliver products, or be based at the service centre carrying out the above outlined technical tasks.
Working hours are 8.30am - 4pm, Tues-Sat. You will be required to take part in an out of hours on call rota 1 in 5 weeks for which you are paid a retainer of £170/week plus time and half (x1.5) for any call outs attended.
- Maintain stock and parts inventory
- Implement product modifications
- Deliver and install clean, ready-to-use products
- Collect dirty products
- Clean, test and repair products
- Complete records of safety testing
- Provide demonstrations and basic training to caregivers
- Prior experience in a field based or driving role
- Prior customer facing experience
- Some technical experience either professionally or as a hobby/interest e.g. repair work, testing, maintenance
- UK driving licence
- Able to pass a DBS check (criminal records check)
- £20,600 basic + £4400 min. on-call retainer
- Internal rewards and recognition programme.
- Partnered with Reward Gateway - high street discounts, commercial benefits.
- Pension - Auto-enrolment 5% EE / 3 % ERs
- 22 days plus bank, increasing to 25 days after 2 years and 27 days after 5 years.
- Full training on all products.
Click APPLY NOW to being your application. Should you be suitable a CBSbutler representative will be in touch.