Roles & Responsibilities
As the Event Management Onboarding Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be an administrator/developer responsible for assisting the Service Groups to understand and complete their Service Design for consuming SOM Event Management Services, for the development and completion of configuration and data load templates for Service Group, and for the configuration and data loads themselves.
- Assisting Service Group specification of the configuration and/or data to define the Service Group's business rules for Event Management. Expected to consist of a number of SOM workshops to collate/initiate the collection of, and act as guidance for, Service Group data collection;
- Collect test cases for Service Group testing.
- Build Onboarding package (data sheets, use cases, diagrams, test cases) to be configured within the SOM Tooling;
- Provision of target completion dates for Service Group Test planning;
- Loading or configuring of the Service Group data within SOM Tooling, provision of Event Management facilities and test;
- Unit integration test - Assurance point against Service Group Onboarding specification;
Onboarding Training, Testing and Acceptance
- Service Groups execute Service Acceptance tests to verify that SOM has been configured as specified (correct data loaded as specified);
Assist with specification of Service Group Integration with Event Management Services, including development of templates and forms as necessary;
Design for Integration with other SOM capabilities, and future automation;
Work with the SOM on-boarding team to accommodate requirements of other programmes outside SOM, designing, documenting and implementing as necessary.
Guidance through Service Group specification of business event rules according to their Service Design and requirements (ie FFFR), and any correlation of these
Operational Intelligence configuration
Interfaces with SOM Monitoring solution
Threshold, Event and Alert Management
Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Integration with other SOM components
Proven experience of implementing Event Management solution sets in enterprise environments.
Proven experience of design and implementation of service-aware event management tools, using CMDB integration, service models and Service Impact Analysis.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Hands on design, build and configuration experience in ServiceNow ServiceWatch/ITOM
Ability to integrate available tools in bespoke environments; knowledge of Unix scripting, REST APIs, SNMP and logging frameworks is desirable.
Experienced in managing configuration of rulesets for thresholds, events, alerts and notifications, optimising the environment to avoid overloading operations.
Application Performance Monitoring Tools such as CA UIM
Experience of working with the ITIL framework
Certification and/or training in ServiceNow or CA