£20000 - £25700 per annum + pension, cash health plan
27 days ago
Sheet Metal Assembly Operative
Up to £25,700
Based in Denham, Uxbridge
An exciting opportunity to join a leading aerospace engineering organisation as a Sheet Metal Assembly Operative in the Manufacturing (Assembly) department.
In this role, you will be responsible for undertaking a variety of processes, including detailed component assembly and associated assemblies involving metals, composites and plastics using traditional manual craft skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- Experience in riveting techniques, the use of adhesives and using a variety of assembly/fitting tools and equipment.
- Sheet metal assembly and detailing i.e. conducting bench fitting and building of detailed assemblies including; installation of a variety of threaded inserts and locking pins, jig drilling, taper reaming, thread locking, crimping and riveting using manual techniques.
- Injection Moulding - mould tool set up, barrel configuration, material selection and preparation, programming and machine minding.
- Vertical Mill - Milling expanded foam inserts for heat pad assemblies. Tool and programme selection. Trimming and deburring of Royalite protection strips. Development of new milling programmes. Milling of one off POC product in aluminium and composites for experimental trials.
- Produce assemblies in aluminium glass fibre and carbon fibre. Fit hardware and furniture using a range of aerospace fasteners, adhesives and Velcro. Trim with temperature sensitive edging.
- Trimming, filing and grinding surfaces, using hand tools, portable tools and pedestal mounted equipment.
- Utilise Royalite plastic sheet and vacuum forming techniques to produce head pad assemblies. Fit trimmings using bonding and sealing agents.
- To undertake fine detailed, small scale gluing work to various plastic skins i.e. bond memory foam, carbon fibre wafers, webbing and various types of material, some of which are vacuum formed over components, trimmed and sealed.
- Strong experience of reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Experience in one or more of the following: riveting processes, operating vertical milling machines, gluing/bonding processes, presses or injection molding.
- Familiar with engineering hand tools
- Manual dexterity
- Strong verbal communication and concentration skills
- Attention to detail
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.