about 1 month ago
Job Role: Software Developer
Location: Hampshire (some remote working available)
Contract: 6 months+
Security Clearance: Level SC is required
SC security clearance is required for this role
Role for a principle/lead software/solutions developer to work within a development team, supporting, exploiting, and delivering solutions on a search-based platform. The current solutions are based on .Net Framework 3.5, Apache Solr and Manifold backend. The solution is currently developed and deployed within a Windows environment.
- The entire end to end development, extension, and support of the Search solution, working under own direction and supporting others while ensuring work conforms to standards set by the Application Architect.
- The entire end to end development, extension, and support of a Search solution, working under own direction and supporting others.
- The entire end to end development, extension, and support of other small to medium size solutions working under own direction and supporting others.
- Providing 4th line support to live (and potentially other) environments, on new and existing solutions, as an SME for the entire solution.
- Driving stakeholder demonstrations and development of prototypes to support these.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Tangible feedback from customers and/or sales that major technical project definitions have influenced investment decisions.
- Authors design and test documents for large, complex solution developments, incorporating strategic level risks and remedies and manages a large design team to achieve documented handover criteria.
- Can evidence a leading role in the development of new offerings.
- Documented feedback, from customers and/or sales, that IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of the customers' business have been developed because of working with the customer to understand their business strategy.
- Authors high level design documents for major solutions, managing design requirements and implementation teams and maintains an audit trail for an effective design control process.
- Delivers presentations and "white papers" on the impact of emerging technologies to senior customer and Fujitsu business representatives.
Please feel free to call me on 01737 821029 or reply to this advert if you are interested and would like to apply