A keading engineering software consultancy now have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join their team. You will be joining their on going R&D team based in West Syssex and contributing to the development of a specific product suite within their company. The focus for roles at this level will be to assist in the effective delivery of a development initiative over short to medium time frames, typically weekly to monthly.
Within this role you will:
* Build a solid understanding of the code and the team's software development processes.
* Performs moderately complex product design, systems analysis and programming activities which may require some research.
* Deliver code that meets requirements on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand.
* Diagnose and fix code problems.
* Communicate clearly and work closely with technical leads and other software developers to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
* Prepares technical documentation of the new development.
* Research new technology or development tools for software interface.
Ideally you will have:
* PhD or Master's degree in Engineering, Maths, Computer Science or related field.
* Experience in C++ with broad and deep understanding of the language.
* Experience working with a version control system for code management, such as Git.
* Relevant experience of at least 2 complete life cycles of a complex development project, or equivalent work experience on an extended research project.
Demonstration skills in the following areas are a plus:
- GUI development for physical design or analysis tools.
- Experience with the Python programming language.
- Experience and knowledge in the marine and offshore hydrodynamic analysis.
- Experience in the software development with Visual Studio, Intel Fortran, TFS.