£375.00 - £410.00 per day
6 months ago
3 month contract
Software Distribution Engineer - Preston/Remote
3 month initial contract
£375-410.00 per day - INSIDE IR35
Fantastic opportunity for a Software Distribution specialist to become a key member of growing, hands-on IT design teams utilising tools and techniques for technologies that deliver to multiple clients
I am looking for a Software Distribution specialists and experts who are currently looking to expand their knowledge and skills. You will apply those skills to:
Utilise a broad spectrum of technology to produce part or all of the technical solution for our clients;
Apply depth and breadth of technical knowledge and be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise
Contribute to knowledge tools and communities, and ensure learning's are shared for reuse.
Top 3 Skills:
Specialist or expert knowledge of the Software Distribution product suite
Experience of design, implementation and support of Software Distribution solutions for multiple environments
Good level of exposure to both physical and virtual environments.
Skills & Requirements:
* Ability to produce design documentation artifacts including higher level designs, lower level designs, installation and operation guides as well as technical notes and knowledge base documentation within medium to large scale Software Distribution solutions, considering infrastructure and environmental factors.
* Experience of capacity and performance analytics which can be drawn from when making customer recommendations in order to ensure Software Distribution solutions are efficient and optimally scaled.
* Experience of working within project life cycle frameworks.
* Ability to take participate in, or take ownership of a large scale project and liaise with the customer to contribute to the technical design of customer solutions.
* Knowledge of SQL scripting
* Knowledge of Powershell scripting
* Patch management and end point breakfix
* MS patch schedules (import and stage patch deployments) using WSUS and SCCM
Desirable Skills and Experience
* Working knowledge of desktop and server computer systems, storage, network and interfaces.
* Basic/moderate Scripting skills to support relevant software distribution toolset.
* Good understating of network protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, TCP etc..)
* Experience of producing automated and unattended installations of Operating Systems and applications using software distribution toolsets.
* Microsoft certifications in relevant technical areas preferred but not essential
* ITIL Accreditation preferred but not essential
* Understanding of APPv4.6 and APPv5 deployments
* Knowledge of VB Scripting & Basic knowledge of AD and LDAP and how to query
Please apply below for more information!