MBA Senior SE_1646732041
£45000 - £50000 per annum + pension, cash health plan
9 months ago
£45,000 - £50,000
Based in Denham, Uxbridge
An exciting new opportunity to join a leading global manufacturer of aircraft ejection seats and aircraft safety equipment as a Graduate Software Engineer.
This position is responsible for the complete lifecycle of a software product, from research and design to implementation, testing and support in line with the engineering specification, including associated international standards, military standards and MBA requirements.
The role is required to produce technical documentation at all stages of the software life-cycle and to participate in peer reviews, programme/project reviews and audits. It will also be necessary to work effectively with internal and external customers to achieve the optimum design through in-depth consultation with all project stakeholders.
- Participate in design coordination activities with other disciplines and design personnel as required.
- Producing specifications derived from internal requirements and related documents, to provide a high level of decomposition and traceability.
- Conduct trade studies into potential engineering solutions, using hand calculations and modelling techniques.
- Develop both embedded and PC-based applications to a safety-critical standard.
- Develop test infrastructure to support verification of software applications.
- Participate in and be subject to peer review of all software process outputs (documentation, source code, test results).
- Produce a variety of detailed design and verification reports, including design descriptions, test descriptions, reports and user manuals, as requested
- Produce and present material for major milestone reviews.
- Prepare for and participate in software audits - both internally and with external supplier
- Mentor and audit output of more junior team members
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of MBA software engineering processes and tools
- Communicate effectively with all levels within the organisation and its customers/suppliers at all times.
- A degree in an appropriate engineering-based degree, or extensive industry knowledge e.g. BEng Mechanical Engineering or Robotics
- A safety critical background e.g. Defence, Aerospace, Railway, Nuclear
- Familiarity with a broad range of engineering and software concepts and practices.
- Knowledge and application of Aerospace / Defence or similar design.
- Familiarity with the full software lifecycle.
- Experience with at least two of the following languages, C, C++, Python
- Knowledge and experience in software design and implementation
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application. Should you be suitable a CBSbutler representative will be in touch to confirm your application.