£43000 - £64000 per annum + Benefits, Pension
almost 2 years ago
Lead Software Engineer
SC Cleared - Need to be eligible and willing to go ahead with an SC Clearance
Perm - Full-time
Salary: £43-64KPA DOE + pension and benefits
Unique opportunity to deliver innovative solutions in an Agile Innovation lab environment. Based in Reading, we have this opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to be responsible for supporting the creation of the ADS Software Centre of Excellence, focusing on R&D and Innovation using leading software development frameworks with a bias towards Open Source and Open Standards. You will provide an expert level of software development skills capable of building software for systems of any size and complexity and achieve customer satisfaction criteria through management of a team.
Supporting the creation of the ADS Software Centre of Excellence and focusing on R&D and Innovation using leading software development frameworks with a bias towards Open Source and Open Standards.
Knowledge and experience of some of the following:
* Java, JS, Scala, C# & Python
* Reactive Programming
* Knowledge of and applied experience of developing Microservices, Containers, AKKA Actor Model, Spring Cloud/Boot
* Frameworks and deployment methodologies in Public Cloud and Private Cloud environments.
* CI/CD tools Docker/BitBucket/GIT
* Blockchain technologies and development of Blockchain applications using Hyperledger Fabric or other platforms.
* Database technologies: Cassandra/MongoDB/Hadoop
* Distributed Application Development
* Restful API Development using Swagger
* Authentication technologies OAuth/SAML
* Cryptography techniques and standards
* AI algorithms & ML Libraries
* Data Science tools (Scikit-Learn, Pandas etc)
* Open QASM and Quantum SDK's would be a distinct advantage.
You will work with these technologies to deliver innovative solutions in an Agile Innovation lab environment to meet client demands but also to produce "the art of the possible" R&D software that has the ability to deliver the "wow" factor.
Essential skills & experience
* Expert knowledge of the latest developments and future strategy for technology area
* Experience of associated software engineering tools, techniques, methods within specialist area.
* Demonstrable experience of working as a Lead or Senior Software Engineer on large or complex software engineering programmes / projects with multiple software development teams.