SOFTWARE ENGINEER - CONTRACT
£350 - £400 per day
9 day fortnight - day off every other Friday!
A world-leader in the integration of prestigious defence and security systems are seeking an experienced Software Engineer initially for 12 months.
As the Software Engineer you will be responsible for the full software lifecycle which consists of development, architecture design analysis, implementation, integration and test.
Software Engineering accountabilities:
- Interpret functional and non-functional software requirements embodying them in detailed software designs that align with the broader software architecture.
- Develop and update software solutions, using the C++ programming language, validating fulfilment of requirements and adherence to detailed software designs.
- Effectively identify defect and failure root cause, then using the knowledge gained, identify appropriate design and implementation changes to effect resolution.
- Perform all software tasks in full adherence to the project's software development process, associated policies and guidelines.
- Ensure component regression tests are maintained and extended in-line with new development and defect resolutions.
- Supply accurate effort and timescales estimates for assigned software tasks and report progress to line manager.
Experience required - Software Engineer
- Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, EE, CS, Physics, Mathematics etc.
- Experience across Software Requirements Capture, Architectural Design, Implementation and Test.
- Technologies - C++, UML, multi-threading and GUI development