£450 - £500 per day
2 months ago
Software Solution Engineer
£450 - £500 per day
Based in Corsham - Some remote work
* Please note this is a SC Cleared position
The Software Solution Engineering service supports the Software development team providing software environment subject matter expertise for the NSoIT(D) solution. The Software Solution Engineering service is responsible for:
* Supervise the creation and design of software architecture elements to enable the automation and orchestration of all processes for the build and maintenance of NSoIT(D).
* Specify and coordinate all software coding standards and practices to be used across the programme.
* Determining the interoperability, dependencies, and interactions between platform, the software environment, and applications.
* Determining technical requirements.
* Developing, architecting, and documenting NSoIT(D) Intermediate Level Design (ILD) software solutions for the Development team to implement, ensuring their coherence across the NSoIT(D) solution and compliance with applicable standards and policies.
* Working with stakeholders and the Product Management Team to develop, architect, and document technical patterns for common problems.
* Working with the Solution Engineers to ensure that the design intent is being realised.
* Reviewing and approving Low and Detailed Level Design (LLD and DLD) solutions and supporting artefacts.
* Conducting product assessments for the software environment.
* Define the specific detail of each automation solution for components of the design and implement each solution into the orchestration framework.
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience
In order to deliver this service, it is essential that individuals have:
Detailed understanding of software solution architectures with at least 7 years demonstrable experience, advanced knowledge, and understanding, within the last 10 years, of:
Leading the development, design, and capture of software solutions in large software defined data centre (SDDC) projects.
Delivering against high pressure timelines and in complex organisations.
Writing technical requirements and producing detailed solution architectures.
UI/UX specification and design.
Microsoft Server 2012/16 based technologies such as Exchange, Skype, AD, SQL, etc.
An understanding of:
MOD Service management tooling and ITIL.
Automation and orchestration of SDDC solutions such as vCenter, NSX, VDI and multi-tenancy.
Excellent communication skills with diverse and adverse audiences
Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
Hold a valid Security Clearance (SC)
Competent in MS Office Suite
Desirable skills, qualifications, and experience
In order to deliver this service, it is desirable that individuals have experience of:
Working within the public sector, preferably Defence, and ideally with Defence Digital (formerly ISS).
The design and configuration of Two Factor Authentication Solutions.
NET Framework and Low-Level API calls.
Using open source orchestration tools e.g. Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
The Atlassian Toolset - JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket for delivering Agile based projects.
An understanding of Defence Lines of Development and MOD Capability Integration.
Delivering in Agile and Waterfall project management environments