Software Team Leader
Would you like to join our growing Electronic Warfare business as a Software Team Leader and take the next step in your career?
As a world leader in electronic systems our advanced technology is defining the next generation of products as well as being installed on existing helicopters, fast-jet and unmanned air vehicles.
If you enjoy a challenge and want to create real time embedded software as well as leading a team of engineers, this is a great opportunity to bring your talents to our world class facility. Our software applications are varied including, System on Chip embedded processor technologies, signal processing algorithms and hardware interfacing.
Key Responsibility Areas
Your software skills will be utilised across the full software lifecycle with the opportunity to contribute towards the investigation and analysis of leading edge development methodologies and influence the future path of software development.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You should have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with experience of developing software in industry or a research and development organisation.
In addition you will be expected to have some of the following:
* Developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment with an understanding of different software development methodologies, tools and compilers.
* Programming in an object-oriented programming language.
* Leading a team providing technical direction, coaching and mentoring of team members.
* Estimating, planning, allocation and deployment of team member's workload to ensure that deliveries are met to time, budget and quality constraints.
* Reporting against team's work programmes including analysis of risk.
* Ensuring team size capability mix is optimised for successful delivery of work packages.
We will support your personal development with training and help you work towards professional accreditation if you wish.
Once you join us you will benefit from everything you would expect from an industry leading, people focused company including flexible working arrangements and an award-winning pension scheme.