£55 - £65 per hour + Inside IR35
about 1 month ago
Software Test Engineer
*Hybrid working - 3 days on site in Portsmouth
*£55 - £65 ph
*SC cleared role
*Agile Development Process knowledge
*Test Automation experience using Java and Selenium
*Testing REST Architecture using Postman
The Software Engineer shall be working within a scrum team to test in an agile development environment and contributing the delivery of software solutions in the Satellite Communications Domain. The Engineer will be expected to contribute to all stages of the software development lifecycle and thus should have experience in technologies which are used for test automation; Java, Selenium and Cucumber. They will also have the knowledge to complete, independent, exploratory testing in a REST environment. The Engineer will also need to generate appropriate documentation for the testing they have completed, in line with the project standards.
- Verifying and Validating code quality for a new product, using an agile methodology, and support Test documentation development
- Working with the team to design, implement and test features for a new product development.
- Task estimation in accordance with sprint planning.
- Production of Tests within an agile environment using GIT and Jira to manage the development
- Testing, including Manual and Automated testing using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Java and Postman (or similar technologies)
- Ability to define test cases and run test phases for a new product development in all phases of the development process
- Familiarity to interpret Model Based System Engineering Diagrams
- Support Test Readiness Boards and Test Reviews as guided by the Test Lead
- Ability to complete Test phases independently and within a team environment
- Agile Development Process knowledge
- Test Automation experience using Java and Selenium
- Testing REST Architecture using Postman
- Ability to self-motivate and to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to promote innovation in self and others
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner
- Ability to deliver to quality, cost and schedule
- Good attention to detail
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get in touch.