£40000 - £50000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Software Test Engineer
Located in Hertfordshire
£40,000 - £50,000
A global leading design & manufacturing company based in Hertfordshire are now looking for Software Test Engineer to conduct third party testing of application software produced by software group.
The role - Software Test Engineer - Hertfordshire
My Client who designs and manufactures high-end laboratory and Pharmaceutical Equipment are looking for a software tester to test software application that integrate control over physical automated Systems. The role will work to tight deadlines, to ensure this is completed you will working with the test manager
- Production and maintenance of system test plans and specs, manual test cases, automated test scripts, test execution results and test reports.
- System integration (of hardware and software components) and software testing on Windows desktop PCs, emulated platforms and real systems.
- Classification (technical and business) and reporting of faults found in a release.
- Following through to resolution of all faults discovered in the software.
- Liaising with software designers and developers to understand the business requirements and product functionality.
- Supporting the development & definition of standards and processes for software testing in projects and product developments, working within a framework informed by ISTQB® standards.
- Supporting the assessment and introduction of testing techniques and tools.
- Liaising with Testing Staff (Test engineers & Test Managers) across Sartorius sites in project roles as well as to ensure adoption of shared processes and best practice
Qualifications and Skill:
- Degree in an engineering or science subject, with a good IT content
- 3+ years industrial experience in the software development arena conducting testing within a quality-conscious environment. Experience working with ISTQB® approach and standard.
- Experience in the creation and execution of functional, system integration (end-to-end), regression and non-functional tests (e.g. performance). Exposure to and hands-on experience with a range of tools supporting automated testing, including Windows based User Interface testing, is an advantage.
- Experience in testing complex systems built using modern programming languages.
- Experience of working in environments where regular builds, unit tests and software integration testing are the norm. Candidate able to contribute to these activities.
- Experience of system fault-finding, diagnosing to subsystem level.
- Experience of using version control, change control and code quality control processes.
- Experience of using test management or ALM tools to design, execute and maintain test cases (examples - Siemens Polarion, MS Test manager, HP Quality center/ALM).
- Experience of using defect management tools to raise, monitor and retest defects found in the software.
- Experience of general computer and peripheral configuration, and common mechanisms for computer communication and control over external components.
- Writing and executing manual test cases
- Basic scripting and executing automated tests
- Use of Windows OS platform as administrative / power user
- Ability to grasp large and complex software application
- Use of a Test management tool or Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint to produce and maintain reports and presentations
If this role suits your skill set and looking for new opportunity with renowned successful company then please click 'APPLY NOW'