£500 - £600 per day
over 2 years ago
SOLUTION LEAD/ARCHITECT - APPLICATIONS
DV or SC Cleared
6 Month Contract
The primary responsibility of a Solution Lead is to assist the delivery of a viable, management and fit-for-purpose application solution that meets the needs of the client and is capable of being effectively managed in service.
The Solution Lead will be the solution owner for the full lifecycle of a solution from feasibility to delivery. This will ensure the solution has continuity from an architectural and design perspective.
The Solution Lead is to be responsible for driving the architectural direction of all tasks allocated to them by a Programme or Principal Architect throughout the delivery lifecycle of the task.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of end-to-end solution/technical design, ensuring alignment with the strategic technical architecture.
- Responsible for ensuring the solution/design process is adhered to during all phases of project delivery.
- Provide solution and technical SME input to appropriate levels to supplement internal skills (e.g. when new technologies are being investigated).
- Provide an escalation point for design related issues within projects.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Identify, communicate and manage risks, issues and dependencies.
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and security requirements.
- Identify design gaps in existing and proposed solutions and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Definition of solution and application architecture approach, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies.
- Good communication skills with diverse audiences - strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
- The ability to be the subject matter expert on key technologies capable of explaining technical topics to those without a technical background.
- Strong Software Engineering background.
- TOGAF Enterprise Architecture framework experience preferably in a Solution or Application architect role. Understanding of other architectural frameworks (e.g. Zackman, DSDM).
- The ability to produce high level application design documentation.
- Experience in at least one of the following domains - Finance, Banking, Regulation, Defence and Intelligence.
- Ability to produce high level application design documentation
- Proven communication skills in both the technical and business subjects
- Experience of Microsoft and Linux based hosting environments
- Practical experience with JSON, XML, SOAP, Web Services and other fabrics for application integration
- Experience using at least one main stream language (e.g. Java, C/C++)
- Experience using at least one scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, Python)
- Designing and implementing secure solutions. This includes continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions, working with an information security team.
- Experience of integrating COTS applications and working with product vendor to define and implement a solution provided by a third party.
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of best practices and implementation of patterns and principles across the project to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Experience of Cloud infrastructure hosting either on or off premise.
- Knowledge of JSP 440, SPF, HMG InfoSec Standards 1 & 2 and other NTA Security Standards.