£500 - £501 per day
11 months ago
Solution Design Professional
+ Role Type: Contract
+ Contract length: 6 Months
+ 5 days a week on site
+ Location Hemel Hempstead
+ Security Clearance: SC
+ IR35: Inside
+ Day Rate: £500
Provide design and documentation of technical solutions in an end-to-end engineering function. Focusing on migrations from traditional on-prem stacks to Cloud-based solutions.
Accountable for ensuring and understanding the security posture of the components they are responsible for.
Is proactive in the design and migration of legacy on-prem solutions to a cloud-based model.
Assisting the LTDA with design transformation & cloud specialisms in the Azure Stack.
Providing reporting and communication for senior management and project delivery, to ensure they are aware of all weekly activities.
- Assists with planning and design activities, from scoping to live, to ensure agreed scope and benefits are delivered in a contained project.
- Supports a component of a technical project, requiring management of a limited degree of risk or business impact.
- Supports the identification and resolution of issues and to ensure delivery to required standard. Reviews own work and peers' outputs to contribute to identify and flag errors or potential issues.
- Develops working relationships and communicates with a range of project stakeholders across teams to ensure actions completed, progress updated and impacts on other components managed.
Experience you would be expected to have
- Is able to regularly attend Defence offices as per customer / platform requirements
- Holds a technical degree or industry-relevant experience
- Is able to read, understand and update complex design artefacts
- Can communicate effectively with a range of customer types across the business, both internal and external
- Stakeholder management - evidence of managing multiple stakeholders across a variety of roles and seniority levels
- Has end-to-end design experience in disciplines such as VMware, DellEMC & VDI Infrastructure. Has designed Microsoft Azure Cloud Solutions and performed migrations.
- Takes ownership of projects or incidents that vary in scope and magnitude and can lead them to a successful resolution
- Made decisions in ambiguous situations using incomplete information or differing opinions (e.g. divided team loyalties or unclear deliverables).