25 days ago
Full time permanent
* Location Salisbury
* Security Clearance Level SC (we will put you through DV)
* Salary Circa £65,000
* Partly remote partly onsite (Flexible)
Sopra Steria's Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK's Public and Private sectors. We foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK's most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
The day job
We have a phenomenal opportunity for Infrastructure Technical Solution Leads to work on one of our secure sites in the South West. In this post, you will deliver a viable, fit-for-purpose solutions that meets the needs of the client and is capable of being effectively handled in service.
You will be the solution owner for the full lifecycle of a solution from feasibility to delivery. This will ensure the solution has continuity from an architectural and design perspective.
You will also be required to perform Technical Assurance Reviews to ensure that the technical deliverables pertinent to the lifecycle phase are of sufficient quality that they are "fit for purpose" to deliver the goals of the task and to proceed through the associated phase gate.
* Responsible for the creation and implementation of end to end solution/technical design and ensuring alignment to the strategic technical architecture
* Provide solution and technical SME input to appropriate levels where internal skills do not exist (e.g. when new technologies are being investigated)
* Provide a partner concern point for design related issues within projects
* To work closely with security teams to ensure that security risks are fully identified and appropriate mitigations are delivered.
* Ensure the project adheres to the agreed design lifecycle and that the correct design documentation is produced at each stage
You need to have:
* Good understanding and knowledge of virtualisation platforms, VMware in particular
* Experience of enterprise storage solutions
* Security monitoring platforms such as SEIM
* Endpoint Management (Device Control, Data Protection, Application Control etc.)
* Well versed in Microsoft Infrastructure covering Windows Server 2012 / 2016 administration, Active Directory design , SCCM / SCOM deployment
* Linux based OS Administration
* Windows Client OS Windows 7 - Windows 10
* A good understanding of, and competent working within, architectural frameworks such as TOGAF / MODAF
It would be great if you had:
* PRINCE 2
* Management of Risk
* Microsoft Project
* Project Management
* TOGAF 9.1 Certification
* Software Defined Networking and Cisco ACI deployment
* Cloud architecture certification (e.g. AWS / Azure)
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!
* £5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund