£500 - £600 per day
over 2 years ago
Solutions Architect - Security
DV or SC Cleared
6 Months +
£500-600 per day DOE
With continued exciting growth on this large and complex IT Estate, we have a requirement for an experienced Solution Architect within IT Security to be responsible for driving the architectural direction of all tasks allocated by a Programme or Principal Architect throughout the delivery lifecycle of the task. You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of end-to-end solution/technical design, ensuring alignment with the strategic technical architecture and taking this work through to project delivery. Please note that it is essential that you are eligible for and prepared to go through advanced Security Clearance for this position.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of end-to-end solution/technical design, ensuring alignment with the strategic technical architecture.
- Responsible for ensuring the solution/design process is adhered to during all phases of project delivery.
- Provide solution and technical SME input to appropriate levels to supplement internal skills (e.g. when new technologies are being investigated).
- Provide an escalation point for design related issues within projects.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Identify, communicate and manage Information Assurance risks.
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate risks in liaison with Solution Leads.
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Definition of security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies
- Good communication skills with diverse audiences - strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
- The ability to be the security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background.
- Strong Security Engineering background with experience working with an Engineering team to ensure compliance.
- Knowledge of JSP 440, SPF, HMG InfoSec Standards 1 & 2 and other NTA Security Standards.
- Experience of integrating audit data with SIEM systems (e.g. Splunk ES, Huntsman)
- Designing and implementing security solutions. This includes continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions, working with an information security team.
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of security principles across the project to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.