Horsham, West Sussex
£11.79 - £12.30 per hour
20 days ago
Salary: Up to £12.30 per hour
A leading Engineering / Manufacturing business are seeking a Stores technician to assist in the day to day running of the warehouse and material delivery function of the manufacturing site.
Purpose of the Job:
To assist the warehouse team in a project to clear old inventory from External container.
Main duties will be sorting of stock items, disposing into correct waste stream and updating inventory system.
Term of contract: 3 months
* Use MRP system to transact / dispose of stock from an agreed list.
* Loading and unloading delivery vehicles
* Sorting and moving stock within warehouses including receiving, counting, checking and booking onto MRP system.
* Understanding and following Work Instructions for correct storage of all materials.
* Keeping work areas clean and tidy.
* Compliance with all health and safety requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Counterbalance forklift license preferred but not essential.
* Computer literate including strong experience with MRP data entry.
* Good communication skills.
* Able to work in a small team environment as well as alone.
* Reliable and conscientious.
* Awareness of health and safety issues (additional training will be given).
OUTDOOR WORKING IN ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS WILL BE REQUIRED