£35000 - £50000 per annum
15 days ago
Are you passionate about aerospace engineering and dedicated to ensuring the utmost safety and performance of cutting-edge aviation technology? Join our dynamic team at a leading aerospace company in the Stress and Structures department. We're seeking a talented Stress Engineer to play a pivotal role in ensuring the structural integrity and performance of our designs meet the highest industry standards.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct in-depth stress and structural analyses, focusing on critical load margins, and work to enhance product performance.
- Perform detailed analysis of loading to ensure compliance with strength, rigidity, and damage requirements.
- Prepare comprehensive Stress Reports to meet international standards and customer specifications.
- Investigate concessional and structural failures, contributing to continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Design, Production Engineering, and other departments to optimize product design and production processes.
- Assist the test department in developing structural test requirements, ensuring adherence to standards and accurate data acquisition.
- Contribute to the enhancement of analytical methods, reporting, and departmental procedures.
Education & Qualifications:
- A master's degree (2.1 / 1st or higher) in aeronautics or a related field, preferably aerospace structures.
- Strong planning, organization, and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills at a senior level.
- Outstanding problem-solving and investigative skills.
- Proficiency in mathematical modelling, software systems, and advanced-level Excel.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Exposure to mechanical engineering, stress, and vibration analysis, preferably within the aviation or related industry.
- A general understanding of commercial and financial aspects, coupled with analytical abilities.
- Familiarity with US Military Standards and UK Defence Standards.
- Broad experience in conducting successful technical investigations and research.
If you are a driven individual with a passion for aerospace engineering and the skills and qualifications to match, we invite you to apply for this exciting Stress Engineer position.
Join our team and contribute to the advancement of aviation safety and technology on a global scale.