Salary: To £50,000 + 3% Flex Fund, 25 + 8 days Annual leave, 4% matched Pension + Car allowance
Security Clearance: SC clearance needed (It is preferred that you already hold clearance but candidates will be considered if they are eligible for the process)
The day job
We provide project services to support a large and extremely complex Client Portfolio Plan. The project services team, based on this large IT client site, consists primarily of architects, project managers and project management office resources. In a drive to increase the throughput of projects, Sopra Steria is looking increasingly to sub-contract elements of project delivery to third party suppliers. This involves working closely with the central procurement function. As our Supplier Manager, you will be the key liaison point between the account project management community, the account commercial manager, central procurement function and third party suppliers, working very closely with the central Procurement Team to ensure alignment to the overall supplier and partner strategies
We are seeking experience of:
- Working with the supplier/vendor management space.
- Ability to negotiate on prices and contract terms in order to deliver savings, commercial value & project delivery
- Contracts and contracting process.
- Commercial awareness, including influencing profit margins on deals.
- Procurement's impact on Client contracts and commercials.
- Member of a recognised professional procurement body (e.g. CIPS)