£40000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent bens. + relocation
about 2 years ago
Supply Chain Manager - Defence & Marine Engineering
Would you like to be a part of some of the exciting projects responsible for the development and production of submarines?
As Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for managing a wider team within the procurement section providing guidance to support programme and placing contracts
This role will provide you with the opportunity to effectively manage budgets and working in collaboration with cross functionally aligned stakeholders
Your main responsibilities as a Supply Chain Manager will involve:
- Leading and managing a team of buyers. They will be responsible for ensuring that they support the programme, helping mature the design and placing contracts to support build.
- Provide safety and quality leadership via the SHE and Quality infrastructure and visual management. Actively promote improvements both individually and within the team.
- Actively seek out and identify risks and opportunities for improvement, implementing as appropriate. Continuously review, challenge, drive and lead on process improvements
- Effectively manage and adhere to budget (direct & overhead), working in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Actively promote PDR and MPR compliance to ensure that the performance and behaviours are conducive to the delivery of the team's performance targets.
- Establish and maintain an effective team, ensuring clear goals are set and appraised, and facilitate a culture which is aligned to the company's vision and values.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience of managing a team in a high pressure environment
- Ability to address performance issues and provide suitable resolution
- Risk Management and Continuous improvement experience
- React to changing demands through project life cycle
- MCIPS Qualification or related industry
Location: Barrow-in-Furness is the sea gate to the Lake District. Looking up from the beaches surrounding the peninsula, the Lakeland fells rise up behind the town. A twenty minute drive will take you into the heart of some of the country's most beautiful scenery with England's highest mountain, Scafell Pike, and Windermere both nearby.
Benefits: All employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. Also on offer is a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.