£25000 - £34000 per annum + Excellent
about 2 years ago
System Administrator - Windows or Linux
Do you have industry experience as a Linux and/or Windows PC System Administrator working on IT systems for data acquisition, control, plant interfacing and real-time data feeds with excellent communication and influencing skills.
You will be working with a significant number of diverse Windows and Linux based PC systems. These systems operate in an industrial-like environment, and are associated with data acquisition, control, plant interfacing and real-time data feeds. These PCs connect with a variety of hardware ranging from embedded interface cards, attached video cameras through to network attached PLC`s.
Key accountabilities/responsibilities include:
-Management & support for a significant number of existing data acquisition and control systems and deployment of new systems.
-Develop and manage a system architecture as a template for new systems.
-Workstation and domain administration.
-Liaising with users, suppliers and developers to integrate and support data-acquisition and control systems as specified by users.
-Front-line support and problem-solving
Essential Aptitudes and Experience:
- Significant experience of managing Linux and/or Windows PC systems.
- Detailed understanding of PC workstation and server administration.
- Experience with use and deployment of Disaster Recovery (DR) processes.
- Good understanding of networking.
- Outgoing personality suitable for working in a diverse team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Educated to at least HND level in a computer science or control engineering discipline, or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Windows domain and/or Linux network administration.
- Working in a scientific/industrial environment.
- The support of data acquisition software and hardware.
- Knowledge of Embedded and/or legacy PC operating systems.
- Familiarity with commercial data acquisition software such as National Instruments NI-Daq and Labview.