£400 - £480 per day
about 1 year ago
Site Safety Manager
+ Safety Assesments
+ £400-£480 per day
+ SC Cleared role
+ 3 month initial contract
The Safety Manager is required to manage the other Safety Engineers provide safety skills to the project, the majority of which are predominantly software based, although hardware and health and safety aspects are also included.
Contractually, all MOD programmes must have safety and environmental management programmes in place throughout the lifecycle with a designated Safety Manager responsible for delivery of the proscribed safety artefacts; without this, deliverables will not be accepted into service, placing revenue in jeopardy.
As the Safety & Environmental Manager, he satisfies the contractual requirements for a Safety Manager for DII, MODNET, Battlespace, Intelligence, Navy and Aerospace. (Aerospace has an additional requirement for a safety manager to satisfy the DAOS accreditation).
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Review of new tasking for safety assessment;
* Review and safety assessment of Change Requests and Defects;
* Undertaking analysis of new functionality;
* Participation in Engineering Reviews;
* Advising on MOD safety policies;
* Liaison with the Governance and Design Teams;
* Participation in Safety Panel/Working Group meetings;
* Examination of potential safety risks;
* Creation of safety strategies and plans;
* Design of safety aspects of the emerging solution;
* Safety options assessment;
* Maintenance of existing safety documentation.
* Ten years experience of safety engineering;
* Up-to-date knowledge of Government Policy and UK (and other relevant) legislation concerning Functional Safety and Health & Safety (e.g.: Def Stan 00-56, ASEMS (POSMS & POEMS), JSPs 375and 815);
* Knowledge of MAA Regulatory Publications;
* Knowledge and experience of working in the Defence Aviation Domain;
* Knowledge and experience of demonstrating functional safety with air platforms and support systems and associated standards (e.g. SAE ARP 4754, SAE ARP 4761, RTCA/DO-254);
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Safety and Environmental engineering techniques:
- Demonstrating functional safety within software intensive systems and associated standards (e.g. RTCA/DO-178B, RTCA/DO-200A, IEC 61508);
- Safety Management Plan production;
- Safety Argument development using Goal-Structuring Notation (GSN) or Claims-Argument-Evidence (CAE);
- Functional Failure Analysis (FFA); Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)/ Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA); Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Hazard Identification (HAZID);
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOPS);
- Operating and Support Hazard Analysis (OSHA);
- Occupational Health Hazard Analysis (OHHA);
- Hazard Log development and management (using databases, such as DOORS and Cassandra/e-Cassandra);
- Safety Management Systems development at all stages of the programme (i.e. requirements, production and operational), including the presentation of appropriate safety cases;
- Safety Case Report production;
* Experience of stakeholder management within the Defence domain;
* SC clearance (as a minimum) is required.
* Knowledge and experience of working with Mission Planning Systems.
* Knowledge of software development methods and safety related information systems.
* Knowledge of the MOD Sites within the UK